Monday, September 24, 2012

31 Days & Writing in Community

It's hard to tell by this blog, but I've been writing.Over the past several years,consistently. In longer and larger spurts than ever before. And, oddly, at the time, I didn't even realize it.


I love to write, I always have. I've been frustrated in the past by times of not getting to write. A feeling of hopelessness would come over me. These were usually connected to periods of time of not getting to read, either, creating a double-edged sword.(You know- babies, illness, schedules changing yet again, etc.)Or, I'd feel at loose ends... So , what was so different? What was so pivotal?


I think it was.... community.
Communities come in so many forms and flavors. We find ourselves a part of something, sometimes by serendipitous circumstance. Take Nester's 31 Days over at www.thenester.com.She's created a community of writers by inviting bloggers to write for 31 Days on a topic near and dear to them. Starting October first, I'll be writing here, but you definitely want to go and check out the over 700 bloggers joining us!

When I look back I've had community in all of this writing. And that's what I'll be writing about for these 31 days. Community in my classroom, community among teachers, friends, bloggers. We'll explore the ways in which community affects writing and writers. And, hopefully, by the end, we'll find in one another: community.

-Karise
P.S. It's not too late to join 31 Days... Come be in community!

No comments: