Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days of Writing in Community: Day 3 - In Which My Circumstances Cause Me to Go Somewhat Off Topic... (but not really)

Hey all! No one is reading this because I can't get my "button" to work... and so I haven't linked up to 31 Days.. and my daughter and I had Bronchitis .. and a 3 1/2 hour eye doctor appointment .. and volleyball.. and, oh yeah, I totally forgot about this project that's due TOMORROW (!)...and my ancient computer being testy and uncooperative..and LIFE!

Which fully explains why, on what is supposed to be Day 8, I am on Day 3.
I thought about giving up. I really did. Discouragement and perfectionism pushed at me... I was embarrassed that other people were on-task, on-target and I was... well, not.

But then I re-read my last post... and I saw these words: "Practice is a form of opportunity".. and I think that this is an opportunity that I can give myself. An opportunity for grace and a chance to write...Even if no one ever reads any of this.. even if it takes me 45 DAYS TO DO 31 DAYS...(Get a visual of Scarlett O'Hara and Tara here)...I will complete this!

Nester puts it best: "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

And it's all ok. This is all part of the dream of my life,too. Someday, I'll have more time, a better computer,whatever... but I don't want to wait until someday to write... I think I'll give myself the opportunity now.

No comments: